This week I’m happy to respond to a community award, the Mystery Blogger Award via The3rdPlayer! It’s been awhile since I have done one of these posts, and it works out great as I have been playing a game I am not allowed to discuss just yet.
Without further ado, here are the rules:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Shoutout to The3rdPlayer for the nomination, 3PStart is a blog I have followed since I really started out here on WordPress. I highly suggest you follow the link and follow as well.
Following the rules, the creator blogs right here. As I perused her blog, it was a bit interesting to see a fashion/beauty blog connected and making the rounds in this video game community of blogs. I think that’s pretty cool that the disparate areas can be connected like that.
Three Things About Myself
- I’ve played video games for as long as I can remember. I started on the NES and have played or owned most of the systems since then. I regrettably parted ways with my original SNES way back when and have since tried to slowly rebuild my physical collection. Here’s hoping Switch gets SNES titles on virtual console.
- I’ve tried to blog in the past on different topics, but never really stuck with it. It’s coming up on three years for this blog and I’m proud I’ve stuck it out that long, and of course happy to have found a great blogging community to make it all worth it.
- I don’t think I’ve mentioned it elsewhere but I have a pet cat that is a few months older than this blog. I was already a cat person, but she has been the first pet I’ve had while living on my own. Maybe I’ll get pictures on here soon.
My Best Post
It’s tough to say what “best” means, but I’ll just go with what has been my all time most visited post – my Empire Guide on Total War Warhammer. It has, by far, the most visits of my now 140 posts. While I would consider it dated nowadays, I’m alright with it getting the most traffic. It was a post I spent a good amount of time on, and I really tried to go beyond the generic points other sites were giving for the game. I should get another guide together for the Tomb Kings DLC.
The 3rd Player’s 5 questions:
“What is the most memorable scene in a video game you’ve ever played?”
This is a tough one. The first one that sticks out to me is walking into the tall grass at the beginning of Pokemon Blue and having Oak scold you before giving you your first Pokemon. Obviously, that memory is mostly rose-tinted nostalgia but it stuck with me. Another is when you leave the Kokiri Forest in Ocarina of Time into Hyrule Field. After messing around in the village and beating the Deku Tree, seeing this huge expanse was amazing at the time.
“Where would you like to visit that you’ve never been to before?”
Definitely Japan. As fortune would have it, I’m getting the chance to do just that in March. I’ll also try and see some of Korea as well. Really excited to see an area of the world I’ve never been to.
“What inspired you to begin blogging?”
I’ve always been interested in writing, although I think my blogging was more of growth of wanting a creative outlet that let me share experiences with others. Sure, I could write and not publish any of it online, but I really wanted to see what others were saying and be a part of community that was into games just as much as me. I’ve found a great group of bloggers here, and I’m glad its worked out so well.
“What is another hobby you take part in regularly aside from gaming?”
While gaming activities do consume most of my free time, I’m also always trying to play basketball, golf, and other sports. I’ve dabbled in writing a bit here and there, but I’ve not stuck with anything for long enough to call it a real hobby.
“You can have any one superpower. What would you have?”
One of teleportation, invisibility, or flight. Each have their merits so I’m not sure what the tiebreaker would be. Perhaps teleportation because it overlaps with the flight travel aspect, and could make visiting or seeing new places during the course of life that much easier.
As for nominees…
I’m a bit late in getting this post together, so most of the bloggers I follow or would nominate have likely been tagged. With that, and the fact that some folks do not like being bugged with these kind of posts, I will open the invitation to any of the community to answer and keep the lineage of the Mystery Award going.
However, I would like to link to some other posts that I’ve come across within the community. Be sure to check all these great blogs out!: