Today’s post comes courtesy of the Well-Red Mage who has been doing an awesome job building up the blog over there, with great reviews and the very interesting Mage personas for the writers. I always enjoy seeing a new post, and very much appreciate being nominated for the Liebster Award.
The Liebster Award is a blog networking award that has been around for awhile. The idea is that one blogger gets the award, answers some questions, then nominates others to continue the chain of networking/promotion. There are numerous “rule” sets but the basic shall suffice here:
- Answer the questions posed by the original author
- Come up with a new set of questions
- Nominate blogs to answer that next set
So without further ado, here are the questions posed by the Well-Red Mage:
DC or Marvel? (all that matters)
Hmm, well I have never really delved deep into the respective companies comics sadly. But, I have always thought Iron Man and Venom (from Spiderman) were both cool when I was younger, so I am going to have to go with Marvel here.
I guess I kinda answered this in the last question, but I have always been partial to Iron Man. The success of the movies put him front and center, but I have always liked that sweet shiny armor.
Wow, this one is tough. I never grew attached to Xbox or to any Sega system. I’d have to say its really close between PS2, Gameboy, and SNES. It’s really hard to choose when all three are so close. I’m going to go (and cheat partially) with Gameboy, as I have probably beaten the most series on that system, and it received some ports from SNES that I really enjoyed (such as the Chrono Trigger remake).
Favorite video game?
Another really difficult question. I really really really enjoyed Pokemon Blue when it released, and played it for an obscene amount of time. I was also very into Age of Mythology. More recently, I’ve become addicted to Binding of Isaac, as well as the Total War series. There’s also Final Fantasy. Ah! So many choices! I think I might just say Super Mario 64, because I still really enjoy playing it, any time, any where.
Favorite video game character?
Well, I’d like to say Scyther, but he’s just a Pokemon. I also really liked Andrew Ryan in the first Bioshock. I guess I should say was interested in vs liked because the guy was a little nuts, but definitely a super interesting video game character.
I do not have a favorite favorite movie, but I really liked Fight Club and have always enjoyed it on subsequent watches. As a sort of different “favorite movie” I really like “What About Bob?” an old Bill Murray comedy that no one has heard of.
Again, I don’t have a top favorite, but I would say the Lord of the Rings series is up there. So well done, and set up the fantasy genre for what we know today.
Favorite non-gaming past time?
Probably golfing. I’ve played nearly my whole life and it gives me a good excuse to get outside.
Favorite thing about blogging and your blogging goals? (snuck in two!)
My favorite thing about blogging is definitely the interaction with other bloggers. It’s great to see comments on articles, with people adding their opinions or insights. As for goals, I’d say to just keep growing the community here, and maintain quality interaction.
Favorite thing you find most inspirational in life?
Not sure exactly how I would answer this, but I guess just seeing genuine human kindness.
Favorite thing about The Well-Red Mage? (shameless, hehe)
What’s not to like about The Well-Red Mage? Good reviews, good writing, good community. Take your pick!
So there you have it. Some of those questions were tough to actually choose.
Next, I will nominate a couple of blogs I’d like to promote as they are active, and always put out quality work. Apologies if you have already received the award. Also, don’t feel pressured to have to do a separate post – you could always just answer them in the comments!
- GreenRanger – You need your Hearthstone fix, especially as it comes to Arena? Here’s the blog you need.
- QTX – I’ve always enjoyed the Weekend Gaming posts, as it always contains some good discussion.
- Sword and Keyboard – Organized a cool streamer/blogger Grand Prix, and has quality articles to boot.
- Terminally Nerdy – Great writing, consistent content. I’ve also enjoyed Clay’s ability to find some interesting news bits as relates to gaming.
- Conquering the Gaming Backlog – Frequent commenters around these parts, and I really enjoy blogs centered around chewing through the backlog we all have.
- Very Very Gaming – Great mix of reviews, thoughtful articles, and entertaining videos.
- Nintendobound – In-depth, quality, well-written reviews every time.
Questions to Answer:
- Favorite video game console?
- Favorite game on LEAST favorite console?
- What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
- Who is your favorite Pokemon?
- Why did you start blogging?
- How long have you been blogging?
- How big is your gaming backlog at the moment?
- What are you doing when aren’t playing a game or working?
- What is one interesting, unique fact about yourself most people don’t know?
- Eat pizza with your hands or with a fork?
I’m excited to see everyone’s answers! Feel free to further the award to any bloggers you would like to acknowledge.